User name for all Salem Press Databases
Read about your assigned topic looking for subtopics and important terms. You may choose to check reference sources context as you get familiar with your topic.
1. Immerse- build background knowledge
2. Identify focused questions you are interested in investigating. Explore interesting ideas
3. Gather a working source list.( See Mrs. Kimball's links)
4. Take notes on note cards or use Noodletools
5. Look for patterns of information in your sources, your notes, your note cards.
6. Develop clear and focused preliminary thesis. Evaluate
7. Gather information and evaluate the sources of information. . Have you gathered a variety of quality materials? Have you gathered both primary and secondary sources?
8. Identify strong supporting points and rank them, making certain that the research and logical reasoning support them. Make sure that the evidence you collected is strong and that is directly supports your thesis.
9. Organize your ideas and evidence.
10. Have a classmate or friend peer review your work.
11. Revise the draft.
12. Edit the draft.
13. Prepare, proofread, and submit the final copy.
Remember, you may ask for help anywhere along the way!
TAKE A LIBRARIAN WITH YOU
Comic Book Hero's
Toccata in D Minor
To access Noodletools:
Open your Google Drive
Scroll to More
Click on Noodletools